Creative Ways To Volunteer
You don't have to volunteer on-site at the Mission to help the homeless.
Ideas for Groups
Ideas for Individuals/Families (especially those with younger children)
- Have a "clean out your closet day" and donate your gently used clothing/coats
- Start a collection drive
- Buy packages of new white tube socks, individually wrapped hard candies, and ribbon. Young children can fill the socks with candy and tie a ribbon around the top. Drop them off at the Mission, and they will be given out to a homeless person.
- Another project for young children: Make "personal care bags." Fill a plastic ziploc baggie with a toothbrush, sample-sized toothpaste, hand sanitizer, hair comb, or other small personal care items. Have your child hand-draw a small card or note to a homeless person letting them know that someone cares about them (pictures drawn by children always bring a smile to someone's face!) and include it in the baggie. Be sure your child signs only their first name to the card. Drop off personal care bags to the Mission.
- Add the Mission to your "Causes" on Facebook or MySpace
- Follow us on Twitter at Twitter/ACRescueMission
Get the Guide for ways to help for individuals or groups, or the Student Guide for ways to help.